The fall semester is an exciting time for our collegiate members from entering their first semester of college to beginning another year closer to graduation. While this semester is filled with fun and new experiences, we know that this is also a high risk time for our members and students.
Together, we want to ensure that we support each other, our sisters and friends, to ensure their safety. From August to September, we are committed to promoting Sisterhood & Safety. We encourage our members to engage in dialog about prevention and education. Have conversations with you chapter about identifying risks and being an upstander.
Below are links to information resources and fliers for staying safe and getting assistance:
- Staying Safe on Campus
- Sexual Assault Fact Sheet
- Strategies for Effective Helping
- Student Activism
- Take Action Against Abuse – For Young Adults
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- Anti-Hazing Hotline: (888) NOT-HAZE
Looking for additional ways to promote Sisterhood & Safety? Below are some upcoming programs and social media campaigns:
- World Suicide Prevention Day September 10 – Follow us on Instagram as we share how you can help us #StopSuicide.
- National Hazing Prevention Week September 18-22 – Follow us on social media or learn more ways to get involved here.
- CHARACTER COUNTS! Week October 15-21 – Click here for the essay contest and other ways to get involved.