February is the Month of the Scholar! Did you know that any Tri Sigma member who achieves a 4.0 GPA for two consecutive semesters or three consecutive quarters as an undergraduate can receive a Scholarship Ring from the National Organization? The Scholarship Ring Order Form is on Chapter Portal and the Education Director can complete it to honor any members achieving this goal!
Some chapters create ways to recognize sisters who are studying and working towards scholastic goals. Consider implementing some of these ideas:
- Once a month, provide “smart cookie” cookies to sisters who have submitted As for projects and tests, attended all of their study hours, etc. You could also hand out a cute card with a Smartie candy attached to recognize “Sigma Smarties.”
- Have sisters put their name in the “Skip Jar” (a Skippy peanut butter jar) every week they don’t skip a class. At the end of the semester, draw a name to win a prize!
- Draw a name from sisters who track all of their study hours for the month on OmegaOne and let them select a free shirt from the extras your chapter has.
- Consider honoring sisters who have achieved a 3.5 GPA or higher each year at a scholarship banquet and award them pearl dangles for their badge to recognize their accomplishments. You could also provide something on a smaller scale like a pizza party!
- Highlight sisters who are achieving academic success on your chapter’s social media accounts.
This is also a great time for newly-elected Education Directors to consider how they will promote academic achievement in the chapter. Consider providing study tips and tricks throughout the semester. Here’s a link to an NPC Pinterest board that highlights different academic apps students can use to help them be successful in school.