November is Prematurity Awareness Month
Tri Sigma and March of Dimes lead the fight for the health of all moms and babies. Join us this November for Prematurity Awareness Month and help us bring attention to this urgent and critical cause. With 1 in 10 babies born prematurely in the U.S. each year, your actions can make a difference in the lives of women, children, and families.
During the Month of November
Light your front porch purple! Purchase a purple light bulb on AmazonSmile and light your neighborhood or community purple all month long. Let others know why you fight for the health of all moms and babies and ask others to join you in lighting their front porch purple.
Resource: Light your Porch Purple Postcard
November 17 is World Prematurity Day
Wear Purple to show support for the health of all moms and babies. Post Your Purple and share why you raise awareness for March of Dimes. Use hashtags #PrematurityAwareness and #WorldPrematurityDay and tag @sigmasigmasigmanhq and @marchofdimes.
How can you help grow the community of fighters for healthy moms and babies?
- Change your Facebook profile frame to support our partnership with March of Dimes.
- Share posts all month long to raise awareness of March of Dimes mission. Follow Tri Sigma and March of Dimes on social media.
- Volunteer for March of Dimes. Contact your local March of Dimes office to learn more about their needs and upcoming events.
- Host an education program or Bubble Zone for your chapter or on your campus. Need support? Email us at email@example.com.
Do you want every chapter member to have a Prematurity Awareness Month or World Prematurity Day button? Maybe, your chapter wants to pass out buttons on campus to encourage others to get involved in raising awareness with Tri Sigma.
- Download our Prematurity Awareness Buttons, branded design options for you, your chapter or community.
Missed our Prematurity Awareness Month Webinar?
Watch a recording of our 2018 webinar to learn more about the March of Dimes mission and how Tri Sigma is partnering to increase volunteerism and engagement with March of Dimes for Prematurity Awareness Month.