Sigma Sigma Sigma Foundation provides annual graduate and undergraduate scholarships to deserving alumnae and collegians. Several scholarships are restricted to particular chapters/fields of study according to terms of the original endowment. Foundation scholarships are merit-based, recognizing outstanding academic achievement.
Eligibility: Any Tri Sigma that is enrolled as a full-time student can apply for a scholarship, which range from $500.00 to $5,000.00, depending on the amount of funds available. Annual scholarship applications are due by the end of February each year.
Application: The application process for 2017-2018 academic scholarships is closed as of February 28, 2017. Please check back in January for the 2018-2019 scholarship applications.
Foundation scholarships are merit-based, financial need is not a selection criterion. Scholarship grants will be approved at the Annual Meeting of the Sigma Sigma Sigma Foundation Board of Directors, and all applicants will be notified by August 1, 2017.
No preference will be given to any applicant because of age, race, religion, sexual preference, economic status or ethnic origin, donor status, nor will preference by given to National Officers, other past/present volunteers, or past/present chapter officers.
1. You must be a member in good standing.
2. You must be enrolled or accepted for enrollment at an accredited college or university. Proof of enrollment is required before a scholarship grant is issued.
3. You must demonstrate leadership and service to your chapter, campus and community.
4. You must complete the 2017-2018 Foundation Scholarship Application and all required data by February 28, 2017. Incomplete applications will not be considered after that date.
5. You cannot have received a scholarship from the Foundation in one of the preceding two years.
6.You cannot be a present employee or present Board member of the Foundation or the Executive Council of the National Organization, or a relative of these individuals, at the time of the scholarship award.
7.At the end of the school year, you must submit a copy of your official transcript.
8.Online recommendations are required from two references by February 28, 2017; applications will not be reviewed and considered complete unless the references are included in the application.
9.You must have the minimum cumulative grade point average required for participation as an active member, 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.