The Foundation internship program provides an undergraduate student exposure to career opportunities in philanthropy. We seek individuals for whom an internship with the Foundation may impact both their Sigma experience and professional goals. During the 10-week internship, experiences will include working with Foundation staff and volunteers, while reporting to the Director of Communications & Strategic Initiatives.
- Graduate or undergraduate student
- Must be in good standing with collegiate chapter or current with alumnae dues
- Knowledge of non-profit management, communications or marketing, either through coursework, volunteer or work experience
- Ability to share why they give and/or support the Foundation’s mission.
Skills Gained Include:
- Provide an inside look at the day to day operations of a non-profit as well as strategic decision making regarding communications, fundraising and donor cultivation
- Make connections with Foundation staff and volunteers
- Expand communication skills – written and oral
- Learn how to work remotely by utilizing online tools, video conferencing and cloud-based file sharing
For more internship details, download the Foundation Marketing & Development Intern PDF.
One to two internships will be available for summer 2020. Applicants will be selected for phone interview based on information provided in cover letter and resume. The internship will begin on June 1 and end August 7. The selected individual(s) will be expected to work a total of 20 hours a week, between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm. The weekly schedule is flexible, and availability will be agreed upon prior to the start of the internship.
Application: Submit cover letter, resume, and two references to email@example.com by May 15, 2020.