Being an ally means taking action – educating yourself, engaging with others, and continually advocating for equity and inclusion.
All Tri Sigma members and alumnae are enrolled in a 3-part educational series on Inclusive Excellence through Sigma Connect. Visit sigmaconnect.trisigma.org/, sign in, and navigate to member tools > my essential sigma. You will see the “Inclusive Excellence” course under your current learning. At the end of the course, there is an opportunity to provide feedback. You can access the content at any time by visiting the completed learning page. You can also explore other available lessons by browsing the course catalog. Check back regularly for new content.
This site is live and evolving; we will amplify marginalized voices and promote organizations with trusted educational resources. Though this is only a snapshot of the intersectional communities and identities that are part of Tri Sigma, we hope to increase dialogue and create opportunities to engage with each other in ways that foster meaningful connection and mutual understanding. If you have questions, concerns, or suggestions on making this page better, email email@example.com.
With more than 125,000 members, there are a variety of identities represented in Tri Sigma. We know that being empowered means learning about the experiences of others, approaching a conversation with vulnerability, and being committed to action.
- These organizations provide education and resources for action and conversation.
- These articles offer a primer on various fundamental concepts to understanding systems.
- These books take a deeper dive into issues of equity.
- So You Want to Talk About Race / Ijeoma Oluo
- Do Better / Rachel Ricketts
- Me and White Supremacy / Layla Saad
- These educators use Instagram and TikTok as a platform for sharing short lessons and amplifying voices.
- Blair Imani on Instagram / TikTok. Her Smarter in Seconds series provides informational clips and ways to learn more.
- Courn Ahn on Instagram. Her graphic designs illustrate social concepts by including action steps and reflection questions.
- Glo Atanmo on Instagram. Her entrepreneurial and spiritually based content emphasizes effective communication and the power of harnessing joy.
- Naomi O’Brien on Instagram. Her resources and recommendations are ideal for teaching children about equity and inclusion.
- So You Want to Talk About on Instagram. This account introduces a variety of social concepts with cited resources to learn more.
- These films illustrate experiences of various identities. When available, a discussion guide is linked in place of the content.
- These podcasts celebrate culture and explore issues and news directly impacting marginalized communities.
- All My Relations is a team that examines Native representation and relationships.
- Encyclopedia Womannica shares the stories of impactful women throughout history in 10 minutes or less.
- Intersectionality Matters! is hosted by Kimberlé Crenshaw, leading scholar of Critical Race Theory.
- Code Switch explores the intersection of race, ethnicity, culture, and social experiences.
- This Way Out highlights culture, news, and issues impacting the queer community.
Additionally, members on college and university campuses may have access to educators who can deliver expert, tailored resources or departments offering cultural celebration and learning experiences.
Stewarding resources is a component of action. You can do this by donating to a local agency or directly to an individual; other times, national organizations will best manage funding distribution. Here
- Tri Sigma Foundation’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Community Grant
- American Civil Liberties Union Foundation
- First Nations Development Institute
- The Loveland Foundation
- The Marsha P. Johnson Institute
These are Tri Sigma BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ owned businesses to shop and support. Complete this form to add your business.
- Rose Gold Roots / Website / Instagram
- BlueCheck Marketing Studio / Website / Facebook / Instagram
- The Doula Mama / Facebook
- Lazuli Picnics Co. LLC / Website / Facebook
- Wellspring Clothing LLC / Instagram
- All Things Mink / Instagram
- Kanesha Janel Photography / Website / Facebook
As you continue your journey, we encourage you to review the national organization’s work to further our commitment to inclusive excellence.